List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tomas Ulin Date:November 14 2004 8:28am
Subject:Re: Limitation on tables
View as plain text
Can you provide the original ndb error code?  Is it printed?  All the
internal ndb related errorcodes below are mapped to the mysql errorcode
for table full.

bash-2.05b$ perror --ndb 623
Error code 623:  623: Permanent error: Insufficient space
bash-2.05b$ perror --ndb 624
Error code 624:  624: Permanent error: Insufficient space
bash-2.05b$ perror --ndb 625
Error code 625:  Out of memory in Ndb Kernel, index part (increase
IndexMemory): Permanent error: Insufficient space
bash-2.05b$ perror --ndb 827
Error code 827:  Out of memory in Ndb Kernel, data part (increase
DataMemory): Permanent error: Insufficient space
bash-2.05b$ perror --ndb 832
Error code 832:  832: Permanent error: Insufficient space

Fabricio Silva wrote:

>Ok Martin,
>
>I changed the value of DataMemory as much as I could, but the error
>(The table is full) remains. My Data base has 1 GB and I'm using only
>two machines in the cluster. I'm thinking if I increase the number of
>computers in the cluster the problem will finish. I'm not sure. I
>would like to know if anyone worked with a large database (like 1GB)
>on the cluster and if it works ok?? How was your cluster
>configuration???
>
>In my case I don't know what can I do./
>
>Thanks a lot!!
>

>On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:49:37 +0100, Martin Skold <martin.skold@stripped>
> wrote:
>

>>Hi Fabricio!
>>
>>Have you tried increasing the DataMemory for the storage nodes in the
>>configuration file?
>>Since MySQL Cluster currently stores all tables in main-memory the
>>default settings are
>>pretty conservative.
>>
>>BR
>>-- Martin
>>

>>Fabricio Silva wrote:
>>

>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>I'm testing MySQL Cluster with a database about 1 Gbytes and I noticed
>>>some strange things.
>>>
>>>Firstly I create the table like:
>>>
>>>create table customer ( c_custkey     integer not null,
>>>                            c_name        varchar(25) not null,
>>>                            c_address     varchar(40) not null,
>>>                            c_nationkey   integer not null,
>>>                            c_phone       char(15) not null,
>>>                            c_acctbal     decimal(15,2)   not null,
>>>                            c_mktsegment  char(10) not null,
>>>                            c_comment     varchar(117) not null)
>>>engine=ndbcluster;
>>>
>>>I'm using some text files to feed the tables. So in mysql I use the command:
>>>
>>>LOAD DATA INFILE '/home/.../customer.tbl' INTO TABLE customer FIELDS
>>>TERMINATED BY '|' (for example).
>>>
>>>And with some tables (customer too) an error appears saying that the
>>>table is FULL.
>>>
>>>I tryed to do this with single MySQL installation (without NDBCLUSTER
>>>configuration) and I could insert all the text files on all tables
>>>without problems.
>>>
>>>Does anyone know why I have this error when I'm using MySQL Cluster?
>>>MySQL Cluster has more limitations the MySQL without NDBCLUSTER
>>>configuration??
>>>
>>>Please help me!!!!
>>>
>>>It's really important I know this!!!
>>>

>>>Thanks a lot!!
>>>
>>>Fabrício
>>>

>>--
>>Martin Sköld, Software Engineer
>>MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
>>Office: +46 (0)730 31 26 21

Thread
Limitation on tablesFabricio Silva11 Nov
  • Re: Limitation on tablesMartin Skold12 Nov
    • Re: Limitation on tablesFabricio Silva14 Nov
      • Re: Limitation on tablesTomas Ulin14 Nov
        • Re: Limitation on tablesFabricio Silva14 Nov
          • Re: Limitation on tablesTomas Ulin14 Nov
            • Re: Limitation on tablesFabricio Silva14 Nov
Re: Limitation on tablesFabricio Silva17 Nov