List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Skold Date:July 9 2004 1:15pm
Subject:Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontend
View as plain text
Hi!

NDB Cluster stores meta-data in the database, in contrast to
the MySQL instance that stores it on the local file system.
When an unknown table is specifically referenced in a query
there is a discovery function that queries the cluster and copies
meta-data to the querying MySQL instance.

SHOW TABLES currently does not ask the cluster, this is a known
shortcoming/fault (Bug #4450), and it is planned to be fixed later.
Also the creation of new databases is currently also not propagated
between MySQL instances.

This means you currently need to do "CREATE DATABASE ..;"
on all MySQL instances.
Any query referencing the table created through another MySQL instance
will then make it visible and you can see it in a "SHOW TABLES;"

BR
-- Martin

--
Martin Sköld, Software Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Thread
One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendLuca Villani9 Jul
  • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendMartin Skold9 Jul
    • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendLuca Villani9 Jul
      • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendJim Hoadley10 Jul
        • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendDevananda10 Jul
Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendJim Hoadley11 Jul
  • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendMartin Skold11 Jul