List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tomas Ulin Date:June 19 2004 5:42pm
Subject:Re: Adding mysql servers as API to a cluster
View as plain text
Hi,

when adding a new mysql server it will "autodiscover" the tables present
in the ndbcluster storage engine.

This happens at the point when the table is actually accessed, e.g.
select * from.  Tables will not show with the "show tables" command
until they have been accessed.

(PS.  you have to to mysql_install_db with the second mysql server and
do create on the database's which you want to access from that one)

BR,

Tomas

Brancaleoni Matteo wrote:

>Hi to all.
>
>I'm trying to gain a little of experience
>with mysql-cluster.
>
>I'm wondering how I can add a new mysqld server
>(as API for the cluster) later, ie when
>the db has already been created by another
>mysqld server api.
>What I'm seeing, that upon the creation
>of a new NDB database, the cluster nodes has it,
>and the mysqld stores locally a dir with the
>name of the db and the .frm files of the tables.
>Of course the records are not local, but on
>the DB nodes.
>
>Now... if I add another mysqld as API to the
>cluster, I don't have the local db dir,
>nor the .frm files...
>So i cannot access the data at all...
>
>how that can be solved?
>
>copying the $DATADIR/<dbname to the new
>mysqld api is ok, but what if add new
>tables? how can that be propagated to
>other msyqld servers acting as API?
>
>Thanks a lot,
>
>Matteo Brancaleoni.

Thread
Adding mysql servers as API to a clusterBrancaleoni Matteo19 Jun
  • Re: Adding mysql servers as API to a clusterTomas Ulin19 Jun
    • Re: Adding mysql servers as API to a clusterBrancaleoni Matteo19 Jun