List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Luca Villani Date:July 9 2004 10:04am
Subject:One frontend don't see changes made by another frontend
View as plain text
Hi all.

First, I'm afraid my english is very poor, I'm sorry... :-(

I have some troubles with mysqld frontend.

Our environment is two db nodes running on two machines:

	server_a	DB1
	server_b	DB2

All seems to working fine, if I start a mysqld API client on server_a I can
play successful with backhend cluster: creating db, tables, insert, update,
delete, ecc..

But if I start a mysqld API client onto server_b, I can not see any db or
tables created from mysqld running on server-a, and vice versa!

During startup mysqld on server_b write this into logfile:

040707 12:44:55  mysqld started
040707 12:44:55  Warning: Changed limits: max_open_files: 1024
max_connections: 200  table_cache: 407
040707 12:44:55  InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 43634
/usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld: Can't create/write to file
'./provina/testu.frm' (Errcode: 2)
/usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '4.1.4-beta-log'  socket: '/usr/local/mysql/var/mysql.sock'  port:
3306

I.E. mysqld on server_b is notified that a new database was created but can
not create all the required directory onto the local filesystem.

It seems to be mysqld specific, not strictly related to cluster, but all I've
found on Google suggest to verify temporary directory permissions: damn,
mysqld *have* read/write permission for temporary directory... :-(

Does anyone of you have some hints on this?

You can also answer RTFM, but you must tell me where I can found all the FM I
must R.... ;-)

--
Luca Villani                Wireless Solutions spa - DADA group
NOC manager                 Europe HQ, via Castiglione 25 Bologna

Thread
One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendLuca Villani9 Jul
  • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendMartin Skold9 Jul
    • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendLuca Villani9 Jul
      • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendJim Hoadley10 Jul
        • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendDevananda10 Jul
Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendJim Hoadley11 Jul
  • Re: One frontend don't see changes made by another frontendMartin Skold11 Jul