List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tomas Ulin Date:November 9 2004 12:06pm
Subject:Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after reboot
View as plain text
Sorry,

seems like the no-nodeid-checks code has been disabled, so option 2
below is not available

Sorry about that.

Tomas Ulin wrote:

> we seem to have an issue with the allocation of node id's in the
> management server.  There is a bug-report on this.
>
> workarounds right now are:
> 1. restart the management server when this occurs (like you did)
> or
> 2. start the management server with the option --no-nodeid-checks,
> then there will be no checking if a nodeid is free or not by the
> ndb_mgmd, and then you have to use explicit nodeid's in your
> connectstring.

> jon stuart wrote:
>
>> Olivier Kaloudoff wrote:
>>

>>> Hi John,
>>>
>>>     did you fix the ID node numbers in the config.ini file somewhere,
>>> or did you let MySQL do the automatically ?
>>>

>> at the moment the nodes are numbered by mysql automatically by merit
>> of their sequence in my config.ini, eg:
>>
>> [NDBD]
>> HostName= host01
>> [NDBD]
>> HostName= host02
>>
>> etc.
>>
>> additionally, i tried letting the ndbd on node 1 connect with both:
>>   NDB_CONNECTSTRING='host=host05:2200'
>> and
>>   NDB_CONNECTSTRING='nodeid=1;host=host05:2200'
>>
>> and the problem was almost identical in each case:
>>
>>   Problem data: Unable to alloc node id
>>   Object of reference: Could not alloc node id: No free node id found
>> for ndbd(NDB).
>>
>> and
>>   Problem data: Unable to alloc node id
>>   Object of reference: Could not alloc node id: Id 1 already
>> allocated by another node.
>>
>> respectively.
>>
>> would explicitly numbering the nodes in config.ini help?
>>
>> thanks, jon.

Thread
node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootjon stuart9 Nov
  • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootOlivier Kaloudoff9 Nov
    • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootjon stuart9 Nov
      • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootTomas Ulin9 Nov
        • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootTomas Ulin9 Nov
          • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootjon stuart9 Nov
            • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootTomas Ulin9 Nov
        • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootjon stuart9 Nov
  • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootRussell E Glaue9 Nov
    • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootTomas Ulin9 Nov