List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tomas Ulin Date:November 9 2004 11:57am
Subject:Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after reboot
View as plain text
we seem to have an issue with the allocation of node id's in the
management server.  There is a bug-report on this.

workarounds right now are:
1. restart the management server when this occurs (like you did)
or
2. start the management server with the option --no-nodeid-checks, then
there will be no checking if a nodeid is free or not by the ndb_mgmd,
and then you have to use explicit nodeid's in your connectstring.

jon stuart wrote:

> Olivier Kaloudoff wrote:
>

>> Hi John,
>>
>>     did you fix the ID node numbers in the config.ini file somewhere,
>> or did you let MySQL do the automatically ?
>>

> at the moment the nodes are numbered by mysql automatically by merit
> of their sequence in my config.ini, eg:
>
> [NDBD]
> HostName= host01
> [NDBD]
> HostName= host02
>
> etc.
>
> additionally, i tried letting the ndbd on node 1 connect with both:
>   NDB_CONNECTSTRING='host=host05:2200'
> and
>   NDB_CONNECTSTRING='nodeid=1;host=host05:2200'
>
> and the problem was almost identical in each case:
>
>   Problem data: Unable to alloc node id
>   Object of reference: Could not alloc node id: No free node id found
> for ndbd(NDB).
>
> and
>   Problem data: Unable to alloc node id
>   Object of reference: Could not alloc node id: Id 1 already allocated
> by another node.
>
> respectively.
>
> would explicitly numbering the nodes in config.ini help?
>
> thanks, jon.

Thread
node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootjon stuart9 Nov
  • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootOlivier Kaloudoff9 Nov
    • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootjon stuart9 Nov
      • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootTomas Ulin9 Nov
        • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootTomas Ulin9 Nov
          • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootjon stuart9 Nov
            • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootTomas Ulin9 Nov
        • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootjon stuart9 Nov
  • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootRussell E Glaue9 Nov
    • Re: node unable to rejoin cluster after rebootTomas Ulin9 Nov