List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Devananda Date:November 5 2004 5:19pm
Subject:Re: New important section in manual
View as plain text
Tomas Ulin wrote:

 > Hi All,
 >
 > I'd like to draw your attention to a new section in the manual on the
"MySQL Cluster Limitations in 4.1" that might be of interest to all:

 > http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/MySQL_Cluster_Limitations_in_4.1.html
 >
 > Please bookmark, read, think and provide feedback.

Thanks for drawing our attention to this. One thing jumps out at me:

         * Alter table not fully blocking when running multiple MySQL
servers (no distributed table lock)

What is meant by "not fully blocking"? Will an alter table on a
relatively large table (ie one that would take several minutes, at
least, on an InnoDB table) lock that table *only* on the node where the
alter table command was recieved? How would this interact with
concurrent updates to that table being processed on other nodes?

Thanks!

--
Devananda van der Veen
System Administration Programmer