List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tomas Ulin Date:November 4 2004 9:56pm
Subject:Re: notes porting myisam to ndb
View as plain text
John, can you provide some more info so we can fix the problems?  See below.

John Stile wrote:

>Using mysql-max-4.1.7-pc-linux-i686 on Debian stable, 2GB RAM, with dual
>2.4G Xeon, running MGM, NDB, and API with 2 replicas.
>
>I ported the schema of a LAMP email application named 'messenger' to
>mysql cluster (all TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=NDBCLUSTER).  Loading data
>still in progress, but I should report my finding thus far.  See
>http://www.worldwidecreations.com for the 'messenger' company's website.

>  163 UserTables
>   54 OrderedIndex
>   27 UniqueHashIndexs
>  135 IndexTriggers
>   81 HashIndexTriggers
>
>Some issues with NDB were uncovered during the port:
>      * LINGERING ARTIFACTS FROM A FAILED CREATE
>      * LONGBLOBS
>      * LONG RECORDS
>      * SPECIFY UNIQUE ON PRIMARY KEY CAUSED ERRORS
>
>After a failed create of one table, the table appears in ndb_show_tables
>but not in mysql 'show tables'. I tried to clear the table without
>success with ndb_drop_table and dropping the database.  I had to
>reinitialize the ndbd node to clear the table with 'echo <node> restart
>-i' | ndb_mgm.  Any attempt to alter or read the ghost table resulted in
>the error:
>  ERROR 1005 (HY000): Can't create table './somedomain_com_messenger/popmail.frm'
> (errno: 156)

Can you reproduce this an provide the create table statement that fails?

>There seems to be a problem with 'longblob' and 'longtext' with
>ENGINE=NDB, but converting both to 'mediumblob' allowed the schema to
>load. The error looks like:
>  ERROR 1005: Can't create table './somedomain_com_messenger/statistics.frm' (errno:
> 4242)

You had run out of available indexes, you'd have had to  increase a
config parameter.
see perror --ndb 4242
Error code 4242:  Too many indexes: Permanent error: Application error

>I had to convert 'varchar(255)' to  'tinytext' to get past the error:
>  ERROR 1118: Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not
> counting BLOBs, is 4092. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs

should be 8k from 4.1.8

>On several tables, where 'UNIQUE KEY `PRI` (`id`)' was set on the
>already 'PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)' resulted in a load error.  Removing the
>UNIQUE line allowed the schema to load.  From what I have been told.,
>

>since the primary is already unique, unique was redundant.

Can you provide some create table constructs that fail so we can fix it.

BR,

Tomas

Thread
notes porting myisam to ndbJohn Stile4 Nov
  • Re: notes porting myisam to ndbTomas Ulin4 Nov
    • Re: notes porting myisam to ndbpekka8 Nov
      • Re: notes porting myisam to ndbJonas Oreland8 Nov