List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tomas Ulin Date:November 4 2004 8:46pm
Subject:Re: Followup: New important section in manual
View as plain text
All,

I just want to thank everybody who has sent feedback to us.  It's great
input and I assure you that you're feedback will have great impact on
the future directions of MySQL Cluster.

Please continue giving feedback, good and bad.  Thank you,

Tomas Ulin wrote:

> (sorry my previour mail came out wrong, I'll stay off html-formatting
> ;-) )
>
> Hi All,
>
> I'm now following up my previous mail.
>
> We're in the midst af planning for the development next year, what
> goes into 5.0, 5.1 and so on.  We want to make sure we catch as much
> as possible of what you, our users, want out of MySQL Cluster.
>
> You have the link with limitations in 4.1:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/MySQL_Cluster_Limitations_in_4.1.html
> and _no_ more features will go into 4.1, there will only be bug fixing
> and fixing performance related issues (those that deemed not to
> endanger the stability).
>
> So to make sure we get as close as possible to releasing what you need
> we would really appreciate if you can take some time to answer the 17
> questions below (feel free to skip any, but the more input we get, the
> better we can provide you with what you need).  Send it as a reply to
> this mail, to the cluster list, or to me as you please. And feel free
> to add any additional input that you might think of.
>
> So here are the questions:
>
>   0. Are you using/considering using MySQL Cluster for production,
> reasearch, fun?       And if still considering, in what timeframe?
>
>  1. What application or type of application are you using/intending
>     to use MySQL Cluster for?  E.g.
>
>   * Telecom Operations
>   * Real-time subscriber information/profiles/authentication (Catalog
>     Lookups, login/pwd, HLR databases)
>   * Real-time billing information (usage records produced when a user
>     uses a service, e.g. VOIP calls, CDRs)
>   * Dynamic state data for online systems (session management)
>   * Web applications (e-Commerce site, online shopping carts)
>   * Real-Time Data Access for Finance (real-time financial information
>     e.g. stock info,trading info, position info)
>   * Real-Time Systems Monitoring (log aggregation, looking for
>     patterns/particular values on a very dynamic datastore)
>   * or other. What if so?
>
>  2. What are the most important characteristics of your application (high
>     availability, response time, scalability)?
>
>       A.
>       B.
>       C.
>
>  3. If you are considering MySQL Cluster and this is an existing
> application;
>    * What database are you currently  using?    * What critical
> database features are you using?
>    * What features are missing in the current database?
>
>  4. Why are you using/considering MySQL Cluster (HA, performance,
> low-cost,
>    platform support, packaged solution)?
>
>  5. Are there any specific performance metrics you needed/are trying
> to meet?
>    *Transaction volume :
>    * Read/write ratio :
>
>  6. Do you have any specific HA metric expectations or requirements?
>
>  7. What is the size of your database?
>    * GBytes:
> [...]

Thread
Followup: New important section in manualTomas Ulin3 Nov
  • Re: Followup: New important section in manualNick Sullivan4 Nov
  • Re: Followup: New important section in manualRussell E Glaue4 Nov
  • Re: Followup: New important section in manualTomas Ulin4 Nov
  • Re: Followup: New important section in manualDevananda5 Nov