List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Devananda Date:July 8 2004 12:51am
Subject:cluster crashing when trying to load data from file
View as plain text
I've got cluster running on 5 computers, 1 MGM, 2 DB, 2 API, and things
look good when I make small changes to existing tables. I submitted a
bugreport concerning creating and dropping tables - it is not
propagating from one API node to the other unless I restart the mysqld
process on the API node that didn't originate the create / drop query.

However I've got another problem now too ...
I have a large table that I'm attempting to import (180 mil rows, just
over 1G of text), but for starters I've cut off just the first 1MB of
data (in text format). When I try to load it via a single *very* long
insert statement, the DB nodes in the cluster simultaneously crash,
reporting

Date/Time: Wednesday 7 July 2004 - 17:31:37
Type of error: error
Message: No more free UNDO log
Fault ID: 2312
Problem data: There are more than 1Mbyte undolog writes outstanding
Object of reference: DBACC (Line: 8600) 0x00000002
ProgramName: NDB Kernel
ProcessID: 2352
TraceFile: NDB_TraceFile_3.trace
***EOM***

I've looked at
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/MySQL_Cluster_DB_Definition.html to
see if I could find a config setting to change, but this is the only
information I could find.

"Another important aspect is that the |DataMemory| also contains UNDO
information for records. For each update of a record a copy record is
allocated in the |DataMemory|."

I modified 'DataMemory' to  200M and 'IndexMemory' to 100M, hoping that
this would help, but recieved the same error, only 1 Mbyte undo log.

Is there a way to change the size of the Undo log ?

Thanks again,

Devananda
Neopets,Inc

Thread
cluster crashing when trying to load data from fileDevananda8 Jul
  • Re: cluster crashing when trying to load data from fileJonas Oreland8 Jul
    • Re: cluster crashing when trying to load data from fileDevananda8 Jul
      • Re: cluster crashing when trying to load data from fileMikael Ronström8 Jul
        • Re: cluster crashing when trying to load data from fileDevananda9 Jul