List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ph.D. Joseph E. Sacco Date:July 7 2004 5:49pm
Subject:Re: Configuring SHM
View as plain text
Thank you, Mikael, I will take a look at the new documentation.

I thought I might mention that I am experimenting with MySQL-Cluster on
PowerMacs running YellowDogLinux-3.0.1, a Redhat clone. To date, I have
successfully established clusters with the following configurations:

Computers:
* PowerMac "silver" with dual G4 533MHz CPU's, 1 GB RAM, SCSI drives
* PowerMac-6100 with NewerTech G3-244MHz accelerator card, 272MB RAM,
SCSI drives. [Old PowerMac's never die... They run NuBus linux:
http://nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net ]

One Computer:
* 1,2,3,4 DB nodes
* 1,2,3,4 application nodes
* 1,2 relicas
* 1,2 node groups

Two Computers:
* 1,2,3,4 DB nodes
* 1,2,3,4 application nodes
* 1,2 replicas
* 1,2 node groups

-Joseph

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 13:16, Mikael Ronström wrote:
> Hi Joseph,
>
> 2004-07-05 kl. 16.10 skrev Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D.:
>
> > Is the SHM transporter operational [yet]? If so, how is the SHM
> > transporter configured?
> >

> I just updated the MySQL manual where configuration is documented and
> particularly you
> will find some stuff there on how to configure shared memory
> transporters.
>
> Shared memory transporters will most likely not work so well yet.
>
> Rgrds Mikael
>

> > -Joseph
> >
> > --
> > Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. <jsacco[at]earthlink[dot]net>
> >

> > --
> >

> Mikael Ronström, Senior Software Architect
> MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
>
> Clustering:
> http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/04/14/HNmysqlcluster_1.html

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. <jsacco[at]earthlink[dot]net>

Thread
Configuring SHMPh.D. Joseph E. Sacco5 Jul
  • Re: Configuring SHMMikael Ronström7 Jul
    • Re: Configuring SHMPh.D. Joseph E. Sacco7 Jul