List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mikael Ronström Date:July 7 2004 5:22pm
Subject:Re: Couple of post-install questions
View as plain text
Hi Alejandro,

2004-07-07 kl. 19.06 skrev Alejandro J. Ramírez:

> Hi there,
>
> 	I understand from the docs, that the mgm node is only needed at
> startup for all of the other nodes to get their configuration. You
> should be able to kill it, and the cluster should keep working from
> what
> I understand. I am a little bit fuzzy myself about what happens when
> the
> API node dies.

When an API node dies the storage nodes notices it either by a dropped
connection
or by missed heartbeats. When they so discover they start completing
all transactions
that the failed API node (MySQL Server) was performing, mostly aborting
them but
if a transaction was already committed it will complete the commit.

The node is ok to restart again when this process has been completed by
all storage
nodes.

Rgrds Mikael

> Alejandro

Mikael Ronström, Senior Software Architect
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Clustering:
http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/04/14/HNmysqlcluster_1.html

Couple of post-install questionsHyb7 Jul
  • RE: Couple of post-install questionsAlejandro J .  Ramírez7 Jul
    • Re: Couple of post-install questionsMikael Ronström7 Jul
  • Re: Couple of post-install questionsMikael Ronström7 Jul
  • Re: Couple of post-install questionsHyb9 Jul