List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brancaleoni Matteo Date:June 19 2004 1:34pm
Subject:Adding mysql servers as API to a cluster
View as plain text
Hi to all.

I'm trying to gain a little of experience
with mysql-cluster.

I'm wondering how I can add a new mysqld server
(as API for the cluster) later, ie when
the db has already been created by another
mysqld server api.
What I'm seeing, that upon the creation
of a new NDB database, the cluster nodes has it,
and the mysqld stores locally a dir with the
name of the db and the .frm files of the tables.
Of course the records are not local, but on
the DB nodes.

Now... if I add another mysqld as API to the
cluster, I don't have the local db dir,
nor the .frm files...
So i cannot access the data at all...

how that can be solved?