List:Certification Announcements« Previous Message
From:Dave Stokes Date:March 20 2008 10:21pm
Subject:MySQL Certification Newsletter
View as plain text
MySQL Certification  News -- March 2008

_2007 was a great year: _MySQL Certifications had a great year last
year.  Over 45% more exams were delivered than in 2006 and
certifications earned were up by almost a third! The new Associate
Certification is proving to be very popular. Thank you on behalf of The
Certification Team and MySQL.

_Users Conference:_ Once again you can take a MySQL Certification Exam
at the Users Conference for $25.  We will have six exam sessions over
the three days of the conference.  This is in addition to the tutorials,
sessions, and great attenddes.  Be sure to drop by the exam area to find
out when we are going to have an informal reception.   Signup at
http://en.oreilly.com/mysql2008/public/content/home

_MySQL has its own planet?!?_ If you have not discovered
http://planetmysql.com, you are in for a treat.  The best blogs on MySQL
and related subjects can now be found in one place.

_Free exam voucher_ for those who attend MySQL training for a limited
time.  Details at http://www.mysql.com/training/

_How can we help?_  We are looking for ways to help you earn your MySQL
Certifications.  The exams are tough for a reason and we are not going
to make them easier.  So we are looking for your input on what we can do
to help you.  Do we run virtual study groups?  Set up a special online
form for each exam?  So, what can we do for you?  Let us know at
Certification@stripped

_MySQL 6.0 Exams: _ Next year MySQL 6.0 will take the world by storm and
the MySQL Certification Exams will be upgraded to match the new
release.  The MySQL Certification Team would like to hear your thoughts
on then next generation of exams.

Do we retain two exams (DBA-I & DBA-II or Dev-I & Dev-II) for the DBA
and Developer exams?  Or do we need to go to three exams to cover
Falcon, partitioning, and all the other new features?  Could the
material be covered on one very long exam?

So please help us design the 6.0 exam by sending your ideas to
Certification@stripped with the subject line set to '6.0 exam'.

Thank you for your support of MySQL.

You can unsubscribe (or get any interested co-workers to subscribe) to
this list at http://lists.mysql.com/certification

--
David Stokes, Certification Developer
MySQL Inc, www.mysql.com

MySQL Certification NewsletterDave Stokes20 Mar