List:Certification Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dave Stokes Date:November 28 2007 3:30pm
Subject:MySQL Certification Newsletter
View as plain text
*MySQL Certification Newsletter*

Congratulations on being part of the MySQL Certification process. So far
over 4,000 exams exams have been delivered and 2,000 certifications
awarded to 1500 individuals. Employers are seeking qualified personnel
and your MySQL certification proves your knowledge and skill.

*Free 2008 Users Conference Pass for your Certification Story*

MySQL will provide a free pass to the 2008 Users Conference to the
submitter of the best story of how your MySQL Certification changed your
life. Did you get that dream promotion? Get the big raise? Finally get
proof of your superior skills? Send your story to
Certification@stripped <mailto:Certification@stripped> with the
subject line of 'My certification story' and the best story will get the
free pass to the April 2008 in Santa Clara California. The deadline is
December 21, 2007.

*Exams at the 2008 Users Conference*

You can take MySQL Certification Exams at the 2008 Users Conference at a
deeply discounted cost. Each exam will be only $25 USD which is 12.5% of
the regular price. We will be offering the CMA, CMDEV, CMDBA, and CMCDBA
exams. Sign up early at the conference to make sure you get your spot in
our limited space.

*Certification Reception at the 2008 Users Conference*

The MySQL Certification Team will be host a reception at the Users
Conference for those of you who are certified. We are also inviting
those who are in the process of certifying or interested in becoming
certified to attend. There will be surprises, door prizes, and you will
get to socialize with some of the most brilliant people in the world.
More details will be in the next newsletter.

*Cluster **Certification** Study Guide*

The long awaited MySQL Cluster Exam Study Guide is available. We're
trying something new: The book will be published through a
print-to-order company, but still be available through your favorite
bookstore. Advantages: lower costs all-round; newer editions can be
published quicker, so we can more easily incorporate errata.
Disadvantages: you may have to wait a few more days for your book. Buy
your copy directly at http://www.lulu.com/content/1297960 or have your
favorite bookstore order: ISBN: 978-1-8479-9168-3

*Certification Forum

*Did you know there is a MySQL forum just for Certification at
http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?6
You can discuss study preparation, testing tips, and find out more on the exam process.

*Exams in Japanese and Chinese

*MySQL certification exams are now also available in Japanese and Chinese.  There is a
campaign in Japan in Dec/Jan
where the first 100 people can choose either a straight 20% discount or a gift certificate
to Amazon on the same
amount, http://www-jp.mysql.com/news-and-events/news/article_1443.html

--
David Stokes, Certification Developer
MySQL Inc, www.mysql.com

MySQL Certification NewsletterDave Stokes28 Nov