List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Zaitsev Date:June 12 2004 2:31am
Subject:Re: RedHat 7.3, RedHat Enterprise 3, Fedora Core 2 compared
View as plain text
On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 13:13, datasmid@stripped wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I benchmarked MySQL 3.23.58 on the same hardware with 3 versions of Linux
> 1: RedHat 7.3
> 2: RedHat Enterprise 3
> 3: Fedora Core 2
>
> The system is an IBM e335 dual xeon 3GHz with 15k rpm disks (mirrored)

Hi,

Two questions. Which Kernel did Fedora Core 2 run ?  Also did you use
hardware or software mirror ?

> Conclusion: Fedora Core 2 shines brightly!!!

Well, It was twice as slow to run ATIS, big-tables, connect, wisconsin.
It was also slower at "select"

So results look more like "depends on the load".

Fedora Core developers might be interested to see these results to
find out why these regressions are happening.

--
Peter Zaitsev, Senior Support Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Thread
RedHat 7.3, RedHat Enterprise 3, Fedora Core 2 compareddatasmid9 Jun
  • Re: RedHat 7.3, RedHat Enterprise 3, Fedora Core 2 comparedHenry Wong10 Jun
    • Re: RedHat 7.3, RedHat Enterprise 3, Fedora Core 2 comparedphilo vivero11 Jun
  • Re: RedHat 7.3, RedHat Enterprise 3, Fedora Core 2 comparedPeter Zaitsev12 Jun