List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Zaitsev Date:April 11 2004 1:06am
Subject:Re: can mysql take advantage of dual processors?
View as plain text
On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 11:23, Jon Gabrielson wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.  You wouldn't happen to know where I could find any
> accurate benchmarks do you?  I am mostly interested to see if a slower dual
> processor system or a faster single processor system gives better performance.
> i.e. A dual Xeon 2.8 with 512 cache  vs. a single Xeon 3.2 with 2meg cache.

Jon,

This of course depends on the load as well as on MySQL configuration (ie
MyISAM needs to serialize all updates to the table)

I would suggest you to get http://www.sourceforge.com/projects/sysbench
if you're interested to perform multi CPU benchmarks.

You can also take a look at this article:

http://www.2cpu.com/articles/41_1.html

It compares some Single CPU and multiple CPU systems and has MySQL as
one of benchmarks performed.

--
Peter Zaitsev, Senior Support Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Meet the MySQL Team at User Conference 2004! (April 14-16, Orlando,FL)
  http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/

Thread
can mysql take advantage of dual processors?Jon Gabrielson8 Apr
RE: can mysql take advantage of dual processors?Donald Foss8 Apr
  • Re: can mysql take advantage of dual processors?Jon Gabrielson8 Apr
    • Re: can mysql take advantage of dual processors?Peter Zaitsev11 Apr
RE: can mysql take advantage of dual processors?Donald Foss8 Apr