List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Zaitsev Date:April 7 2004 6:13am
Subject:Re: Maximum number of concurrent logins MySQL can support
View as plain text
On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 17:13, gerald lsg wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i have this following question : what is the maximum number of concurrent
> logons MySQL can handle?
>
> hope someone can direct me the answer.

Gerald,

I assume you mean concurrent connections ?

This limit is mostly platform dependent - how much memory your system
has, virtual memory size, how many threads it can address, allowed
amount of files etc.

MySQL binary for Linux/x86 allows to get some 4000 concurrent
connections,   If you compile with NPTL you can get somewhere up to
16000 connections.

64bit Solaris are able to handle even larger amount of connections.

--
Peter Zaitsev, Senior Support Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Meet the MySQL Team at User Conference 2004! (April 14-16, Orlando,FL)
  http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/

Thread
Maximum number of concurrent logins MySQL can supportgerald lsg31 Mar
  • Re: Maximum number of concurrent logins MySQL can supportPeter Zaitsev7 Apr