List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Zaitsev Date:June 10 2003 1:29pm
Subject:Re: mySQL and asp NET performance
View as plain text
On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 16:15, Rodolphe Toots wrote:
> hi!
>
> this is my first post to the mailinglist
> so maybe someone has asked this before
>
> i am wondering how mySQL will perform on a win2K server with asp .NET
> and the myODBC driver compared to MS SQL 2000 server?
>
> i am planning on building a community web site where hopingly i will
> have c couple of thousands users online at the same time

Dear Rodolphe,

We have not done any benchmarks on .NET ourselves yet,
But I've cc'd to Venu, our ODBC/.NET expert and he can comment about
performance issues you might expect using such connection.

> there will be a numerous forums and guestbooks so the DB activity will
> be pretty high
> i have read that mySQL is a very fast database but that is only true
> when it comes to mySQL on linux machines...

Actually MySQL is pretty fast on Windows as well. Very large group of
our users are Windows users.

Take a look at these independent benchmarks done by Eweek

http://www.mysql.com/eweek/index.html

--
Peter Zaitsev, Full-Time Developer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

mySQL and asp NET performanceRodolphe Toots10 Jun
  • Re: mySQL and asp NET performancePeter Zaitsev10 Jun