List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Zaitsev Date:April 7 2004 3:18am
Subject:Re: Help for Big Database
View as plain text
On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 05:56, "Bácskai Gergő" wrote:

> I. Computer use 60% KERNEL DISK CACHE !
> II. 30% APP Memory used
> III. I have increased a lot parameter but mysql can not use the whole
> prhysical memory.
> IV. Mysql use very small cache. In this case there is a lot disk usage !

If you're speaking about MyISAM tables you need to increase
key_buffer_size, note it will only cache Indexes, OS cache will be used
for row data, if you use Innodb set innodb_buffer_pool_size.

Peter Zaitsev, Senior Support Engineer

Meet the MySQL Team at User Conference 2004! (April 14-16, Orlando,FL)

Help for Big DatabaseBácskai Gergő" 5 Apr
  • Re: Help for Big DatabasePeter Zaitsev7 Apr