List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Zaitsev Date:March 18 2004 7:37pm
Subject:Re: New version of sql-bench is available from BitKeeper
View as plain text
On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 01:36, Konstantin Osipov wrote:

> aclocal, automake, autoconf sequnece is usually placed in autorun.sh.
> These commands need to be called only once when you setup a tree -
> after you've run 'configure' makefiles watch changes in .in/.ac/.am
> files and rebuild themselves automatically.
>
> And finally, most used set of options is switched on by default, so you
> need only type 'configure', with only options like 'valgrind', 'gprof',
> 'debug', etc.
>
> Hence the only thing you might want to put to a BUILD/ script is set of
> options for 'configure'. All the other steps of proper build process are
> identical and not used in everyday work.

Konstantin,

I'm OK with any sequence which would be simple enough.

So do you propose to have

./autorun.sh which one have to run,
followed by  ./configure ; make   ?

--
Peter Zaitsev, Senior Support Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Meet the MySQL Team at User Conference 2004! (April 14-16, Orlando,FL)
  http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/

Thread
New version of sql-bench is available from BitKeeperPeter Zaitsev17 Mar
  • Re: New version of sql-bench is available from BitKeeperSanja Byelkin17 Mar
    • Re: New version of sql-bench is available from BitKeeperKonstantin Osipov18 Mar
      • Re: New version of sql-bench is available from BitKeeperPeter Zaitsev18 Mar
        • Re: New version of sql-bench is available from BitKeeperKonstantin Osipov18 Mar