List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:miguel solorzano Date:May 16 2003 11:39am
Subject:Re: Unable to create Database through winmysqladmin1.4 utility(Databases section) !!!
View as plain text
At 16:58 16/05/2003 +0530, Prashant Akerkar wrote:
Hi,
>Dear Sir
>
>I have downloaded mysql database & client from mysql
>site(http://www.mysql.com/downloads).
>Version is mysql-4.0.12.win(zip)
>
>I am able to create database,tables,also able to fire dml statements from
>mysql client.
>
>But i am unable to to create database,tables,data manipulation through
>winmysqladmin1.4 utility(Databases section).
>Is it because of a administrator user required for mysql for creating
>databases like
>in Oracle we have admin user and Microsoft Sql Server we have sa as system
>account,In Access we have user Admin.

The reason why the create database  isn't enabled is because was
deprecated the API function which was used for this tool. Since
the WinMySQLAdmin development was stopped and temporarily used
only for the start/stop administration purposes and is continually
substituted by MySQLCC.

Please for that use and for to have a more complete tool in the
handle of databases and tables use the MySQLCC tool which is
available in our download web page.

For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/
Are you MySQL certified?, http://www.mysql.com/certification/
   /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Miguel Angel Solórzano <miguel@stripped>
  / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   São Paulo - Brazil
        <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
Unable to create Database through winmysqladmin1.4 utility(Databases section) !!!Prashant Akerkar16 May
  • Re: Unable to create Database through winmysqladmin1.4 utility(Databases section) !!!miguel solorzano16 May