List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Zaitsev Date:January 7 2004 12:09pm
Subject:RE: Questions regarding sql-bench and cpu scalability
View as plain text
On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 00:22, Jason Clark wrote:
> Hi Peter, thanks for the reply.  That's what I thought would be the case, I
> just didn't know if it was executing more than 1 query at a time.

Jason,

This can be deducted from the fact it is single thread,single process
benchmark.   MySQL C API is synchronous, so in order to run several
queries concurrently you need to have several threads.

>  The
> multi-user benchmark sounds like it should do the trick.  I actually did try
> OSDB, but as it it's in an early stage it spawned a few errors during the
> test.

Yes, That is what I was meaning.
We did not spend much time finding what is wrong with its last version
as AS3AP is basically same benchmark but implemented in Perl.

--
Peter Zaitsev, Full-Time Developer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Want to swim with the dolphins? (April 14-16, 2004)
  http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/

Thread
Questions regarding sql-bench and cpu scalabilityJason Clark6 Jan
  • Re: Questions regarding sql-bench and cpu scalabilityPeter Zaitsev6 Jan
    • RE: Questions regarding sql-bench and cpu scalabilityJason Clark6 Jan
      • RE: Questions regarding sql-bench and cpu scalabilityPeter Zaitsev7 Jan
        • RE: Questions regarding sql-bench and cpu scalabilityJason Clark7 Jan