List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Zaitsev Date:December 2 2005 12:22am
Subject:Re: Need help configuring on Mac OS X
View as plain text
On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 10:44 -0500, Benjamin Adams wrote:
> Dual G5 8G Ram
>
> # Here follows entries for some specific programs

What kind of application are you running ?

How many connections and how complex are queries ?

What storage engines are you using ?

I think you bump your per thread variables too high - do no do it unless
you have clear indication it would help.

In general increasing key_buffer_size to some 2-3GB  is probably best
use of your memory if you use MyISAM tables exclusively.

--
Peter Zaitsev, Senior Performance Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Thread
Need help configuring on Mac OS XBenjamin Adams29 Nov
  • Re: Need help configuring on Mac OS XPeter Zaitsev2 Dec