List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Zaitsev Date:September 7 2005 10:24pm
Subject:Re: Feature comparison with Crash-me (MySQL and Informix)
View as plain text
On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 10:46 +0100, McGrath, Robert wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
> I am taking an unofficial (not endorsed by my manager) interest in the
> features of MySql in comparison with Informix.
> I have viewed the feature comparison table on you website
> ( , and see
> that the only Informix version available to compare against is 7.24UC5,
> which I believe is significantly out-of-date and indeed unsupported.

> I am aware that some organisations might be using 7.31 and I think that
> version might even be still supported and have a reasonable onward
> lifetime.

Thank you for your interest in feature comparison results.
You're right results are a bit outdated - we run comparison every so
often and do not update it each time release is made for all databases.

We'll schedule updating results for Informix but I would not expect this
to happen very soon.

Also is is easy to do such comparison yourself-  crash-me suite is open
source tool which you can download from our web site.

Peter Zaitsev, Senior Performance Engineer

Feature comparison with Crash-me (MySQL and Informix)Robert McGrath7 Sep
  • Re: Feature comparison with Crash-me (MySQL and Informix)Peter Zaitsev8 Sep