List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Zaitsev Date:June 21 2005 8:59pm
Subject:Re: MySQL POSIX AIO performance comparison
View as plain text
On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 06:00, Sébastien Dugué wrote:

Sebastien,

These results look great.   I should say we also have patches to add
native libAIO support to MySQL/Innodb.  It would be interesting to
benchmark against.  Would you be interested in it ?

Also about your library - do you think it will become the standard part
of Linux distributions some time in the future ?

Would you be willing to contribute the patches you developed to be part
of standard MySQL distribution ?

Are patches expected to work on other Unix versions if they have POSIX
AIO implementation ?

>   Hi,
>
>   I have run some benchmarks using Sysbench in oltp mode to compare the
> different AIO implementations:
>         - libposix-aio
>         - librt
>         - InnoDB simulated AIO
>
>   Results are available at http://www.bullopensource.org/posix.
>
>   Patches for adding POSIX AIO support to MySQL can be found at the same
> place.
>
>   Comments are welcome.
>
>   Regards,
>
>   Sébastien.

>   Sébastien Dugué                BULL/FREC:B1-247
>   phone: (+33) 476 29 77 70      Bullcom: 229-7770
>
>   mailto:sebastien.dugue@stripped
>
>   Linux POSIX AIO: http://www.bullopensource.org/posix

Peter Zaitsev, Senior Performance Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Thread
MySQL POSIX AIO performance comparisonSébastien Dugué21 Jun
  • Re: MySQL POSIX AIO performance comparisonPeter Zaitsev21 Jun
    • Re: MySQL POSIX AIO performance comparisonSébastien Dugué22 Jun