List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Zaitsev Date:April 14 2005 6:32pm
Subject:Re: Filesystems comparison using sql-bench and mySQL
View as plain text
On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 09:08, Laurent Vivier wrote:
> Hi,
> I've made some tests using sqlbench and mySQL to benchmark filesystems,
> results are here:
> Comments are welcome.

Thank you. Very interesting benchmarks.  I would however run something
else in addition to sql-bench     sql-bench is single user benchmark
while most of database workloads are multi user ones.   You also seems
to have only tested MyISAM  - I would suggest looking at Innodb as well.
Innodb uses synchronous  IO for many things which puts different
pressure on IO subsystem compared to only  asynchronous.   In this case
I mean if requester waits for data make it to the disk rather than
interface how requests are submitted.

Good benchmarks to try would be DBT2 and  sysbench.

Peter Zaitsev, Senior Performance Engineer
Come to hear my talk at MySQL UC 2005

Filesystems comparison using sql-bench and mySQLLaurent Vivier14 Apr
  • Re: Filesystems comparison using sql-bench and mySQLPeter Zaitsev14 Apr