List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Zaitsev Date:April 14 2005 6:32pm
Subject:Re: Filesystems comparison using sql-bench and mySQL
View as plain text
On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 09:08, Laurent Vivier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've made some tests using sqlbench and mySQL to benchmark filesystems,
> results are here:
>
> http://www.bullopensource.org/ext4/sqlbench/
>
> Comments are welcome.

Thank you. Very interesting benchmarks.  I would however run something
else in addition to sql-bench     sql-bench is single user benchmark
while most of database workloads are multi user ones.   You also seems
to have only tested MyISAM  - I would suggest looking at Innodb as well.
Innodb uses synchronous  IO for many things which puts different
pressure on IO subsystem compared to only  asynchronous.   In this case
I mean if requester waits for data make it to the disk rather than
interface how requests are submitted.

Good benchmarks to try would be DBT2 and  sysbench.

--
Peter Zaitsev, Senior Performance Engineer
Come to hear my talk at MySQL UC 2005  http://www.mysqluc.com/

Thread
Filesystems comparison using sql-bench and mySQLLaurent Vivier14 Apr
  • Re: Filesystems comparison using sql-bench and mySQLPeter Zaitsev14 Apr