List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Zaitsev Date:April 8 2005 5:00am
Subject:Re: ext3, ext2, vfat performance on RedHat Enterprise 4
View as plain text
On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 01:16, Bas Meijer wrote:
> Peter Zaitsev wrote:
> >

> > By the way what are the server settings ? I'm surprised with such major
> > difference in Innodb vs BDB.   1mil records - you get just 10.000
> > records/sec which is very small for sysbench.
> >

> Thank you Peter!! You pointed out a serious error that is not detected by
> sysbench,
> the table isn't actually a BDB one!!! I filed a bug on
> sysbench.sourceforge.net
> Could you please remove the postings with the BDB timings? I can prepare
> new ones.

Thanks. This is not exactly SysBench bug but MySQL gocha.    You can
create table as BDB but it may be converted to other table type
(normally MyISAM) silently.

Anyway perhaps it would be good to add this extra check so it is more
user firendly.  Nowadays SysBench is not only used by us internally.

--
Peter Zaitsev, Senior Performance Engineer
Come to hear my talk at MySQL UC 2005  http://www.mysqluc.com/

Thread
ext3, ext2, vfat performance on RedHat Enterprise 4Bas Meijer6 Apr
  • Re: ext3, ext2, vfat performance on RedHat Enterprise 4Peter Zaitsev6 Apr
    • Re: ext3, ext2, vfat performance on RedHat Enterprise 4Bas Meijer7 Apr
Re: ext3, ext2, vfat performance on RedHat Enterprise 4Bas Meijer7 Apr
  • Re: ext3, ext2, vfat performance on RedHat Enterprise 4Peter Zaitsev8 Apr