List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Zaitsev Date:March 10 2005 7:19pm
Subject:Re: Linux filesystems and MySQL 3.23 vs 4.1
View as plain text
On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 00:23, Bas Meijer wrote:
> After my previous experiments and tests I think I have found a path to
> upgrade to 4.1 without sacrificing (write) performance: by using the xfs
> or reiserfs filesystems instead of ext3 which is RedHat's standard. And by
> using parameter tuning in my.cnf.

Bas,

Thanks for your data.

I'm very surprised to see such large difference in the 3.23 vs 4.1
benchmarks for transaction rates, as well as for such large difference
between file systems.    Could you tell which hardware did you use as
well what parameters did you use for sysbench - so we could repeat it.

If we could get sources of other tests you've been running this also
would be great.

--
Peter Zaitsev, Senior Performance Engineer
Come to hear my talk at MySQL UC 2005  http://www.mysqluc.com/

Thread
Linux filesystems and MySQL 3.23 vs 4.1Bas Meijer7 Mar
  • Re: Linux filesystems and MySQL 3.23 vs 4.1Peter Zaitsev10 Mar