List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Zaitsev Date:January 14 2005 4:22am
Subject:Re: sql-bench results XFS, reiserfs and ext3
View as plain text
On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 07:32, Bas Meijer wrote:
> Attached is an overview of the differences found using sql-bench
> (single threaded test) with xfs, ext3 and reiserfs filesystems with mysql
> 3.23
>
> reiser seems faster than xfs, but this did not show in other tests.

The attachment is gone, List software strips them as I know. I guess you
should paste attachments in the mail instead to make them visible.

It is possible for sql-bench to win while other tests loose as it is
single threaded and it also has very small working set.

Usually it makes sense to benchmark for the load you're planning to use,
to make informed selection.

--
Peter Zaitsev, Senior Support Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Thread
sql-bench results XFS, reiserfs and ext3Bas Meijer13 Jan
  • Re: sql-bench results XFS, reiserfs and ext3Peter Zaitsev14 Jan