List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Zaitsev Date:January 14 2005 4:11am
Subject:Re: XFS, EXT3, ReiserFS MySQL write speed test
View as plain text
On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 07:24, Bas Meijer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ran three tests to compare the write speed of different Linux filesystems.
> XFS has significant better MySQL write performance than the ext3 which is
> default on
> RedHat Linux: 19%.

Thanks for Information.  A lot of Information is missing however, for
example how many tables did you have - EXT3 is well known to perform
poor with a lot of tables.

You also do not mention storage engine used but I assume it is MyISAM.

--
Peter Zaitsev, Senior Support Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Thread
XFS, EXT3, ReiserFS MySQL write speed testBas Meijer12 Jan
  • Re: XFS, EXT3, ReiserFS MySQL write speed testPeter Zaitsev14 Jan