List:Database Benchmarks« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Zaitsev Date:January 14 2005 3:55am
Subject:Re: Benchmark MySQL and PostgreSQL
View as plain text
On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 08:17, LOHN wrote:
> First of all hello everybody!
> I'm an Italian student and I'm writing a thesys on a PHP software with a
> MySQL database.
> I need an updated performance benchmark of MySQL versus PostgreSQL;
> something like this
> http://ftp.iranscience.net/pub/databases/mysql/information/benchmarks.html
> or this http://www.mysql.com/it-resources/benchmarks/eweek.html but more
> updated.
>
> Thx in advance and I hope to be in topic with this discussion list.

You're right. This is correct Topic for discussion.

Recently we did not publish a lot of MySQL vs PostgreSQL benchmarks
ourselves as one would barely trust  MySQL publishing benchmarks about
MySQL vs something. Even if we try to be bias free it is still hard to
make people to believe.  There are also various third party benchmarks
available I would guess searching on Google will be good idea.

Also make sure you're looking at benchmark which is relevant for your
load, otherwise it would not make much sense.

--
Peter Zaitsev, Senior Support Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Thread
Benchmark MySQL and PostgreSQLLOHN7 Jan
  • Re: Benchmark MySQL and PostgreSQLPeter Zaitsev14 Jan