List:Backup« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rafal Somla Date:November 4 2009 1:18pm
Subject:Re: HLS approved: WL#5046 - Online Backup: Pluggable Storage Modules
View as plain text
Hi Andreas,

So what are your feelings about alternatives A1 and A3. Obviously I lean
towards solutions which I've proposed but I'm ready to accept these
alternatives if you think they are better/simpler.

Especially, I realize that off-stream storage of meta-info which I proposed
is an unusual solution. Since I don't have as much practical experience as
you or Ingo, I will not push this idea against recommendations of both of
you. On the other hand, it would be cool to implement something unusual... :)

Also, if you see in HLS any specifications which would unnecessarily
constrain your implementation then let me know now, before final version is
settled. However, it is not impossible to change HLS also later if a need
arises.

Rafal
Thread
HLS approved: WL#5046 - Online Backup: Pluggable Storage ModulesIngo Strüwing4 Nov
  • Re: HLS approved: WL#5046 - Online Backup: Pluggable Storage ModulesRafal Somla4 Nov
    • Re: HLS approved: WL#5046 - Online Backup: Pluggable Storage ModulesRafal Somla4 Nov
    • Re: HLS approved: WL#5046 - Online Backup: Pluggable Storage ModulesIngo Strüwing4 Nov
      • RE: HLS approved: WL#5046 - Online Backup: Pluggable Storage ModulesAndreas Almroth4 Nov
  • Re: HLS approved: WL#5046 - Online Backup: Pluggable Storage ModulesRafal Somla6 Nov