List:Backup« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rafal Somla Date:October 23 2009 7:34am
Subject:Re: WL#5046 (PLuggable Storage Modules) - HLS updated
View as plain text
Hi Ingo,

Ingo Strüwing wrote:
>> My vision is that some day "MySQL Administrator" will be extended with
>> backup functionality. It will have its infrastructure for managing
>> backups including managing backup locations, backup scheduling etc. It
>> will have nice GUI for performing all these tasks. Under the hood it
>> will connect to server and use our BACKUP/RESTORE statements to perform
>> the operations. The tool will keep track of backup locations and provide
>> correct location strings to these statements.
>

> But then it will have to do so, bypassing the server. This means that
> the storage modules need a second API for management purposes.

Yes, this is the idea that the interface which we specify now is a "core"
interface needed to work with MySQL backup system. Storage modules can
implement a richer interface and it will certainly make a lot of sense. I
just don't want to discuss such general interface as part of WL#5046. There
is a note about that at the beginning of HLS.

Rafal

Thread
WL#5046 (PLuggable Storage Modules) - HLS updatedRafal Somla14 Oct
  • RE: WL#5046 (PLuggable Storage Modules) - HLS updatedAndreas Almroth15 Oct
  • Re: WL#5046 (PLuggable Storage Modules) - HLS updatedIngo Strüwing15 Oct
    • RE: WL#5046 (PLuggable Storage Modules) - HLS updatedAndreas Almroth15 Oct
  • Re: WL#5046 (PLuggable Storage Modules) - HLS updatedIngo Strüwing15 Oct
    • RE: WL#5046 (PLuggable Storage Modules) - HLS updatedAndreas Almroth15 Oct
  • Re: WL#5046 (PLuggable Storage Modules) - HLS updatedIngo Strüwing15 Oct
    • Re: WL#5046 (PLuggable Storage Modules) - HLS updatedRafal Somla22 Oct
      • Re: WL#5046 (PLuggable Storage Modules) - HLS updatedIngo Strüwing22 Oct
        • RE: WL#5046 (PLuggable Storage Modules) - HLS updatedAndreas Almroth22 Oct
        • Re: WL#5046 (PLuggable Storage Modules) - HLS updatedRafal Somla23 Oct
  • Re: WL#5046 (PLuggable Storage Modules) - HLS updatedIngo Strüwing23 Oct