List:Backup« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rafal Somla Date:October 23 2009 7:29am
Subject:Re: WL#5046 (pluggable storage modules) - how to request encryption
View as plain text
Hi,

OK, I buy this solution. I updated HLS accordingly, removing the "set
compression algorithm" service. I put the previous design as alternative A2.
Good thing is that now we have one service less and only 3 alternatives to
consider :)

Rafal

Andreas Almroth wrote:
> Hi Rafal,
>
> I think option c is the best sensible solution. We can't stop the BSM implementation
> and user from using their own URL options. If they use WITH COMPRESSION the user
> explicitly tells mysqld to compress and options in URL may be counter-productive, and no
> concern to underlying storage system. We can't cover for every scenario, and in the end it
> will have to be up to the user to use backup operations properly. I think we will just
> have to write in the documentation on how to use BSM compression vs mysqld compression.
>
> As at least the zlib code already exist we can re-use it I guess, but I don't know
> for sure where to put it in the actual implementation. But I will figure it out...
>

> Best regards / Cordialement
>
> Andreas Almroth

Thread
WL#5046 (pluggable storage modules) - how to request encryptionRafal Somla22 Oct
  • RE: WL#5046 (pluggable storage modules) - how to request encryptionAndreas Almroth22 Oct
  • Re: WL#5046 (pluggable storage modules) - how to request encryptionRafal Somla23 Oct