List:Backup« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rafal Somla Date:October 22 2009 9:45am
Subject:WL#5046 (pluggable storage modules) - HLS updated.
View as plain text
Hi,

I've updated HLS for BSM framework based on our recent discussions. I added
some clarifications and described in more detail how compression will be
handled. I incorporated Andreas' suggestion that BSM can request raw data
from a client.

I added the idea of requesting compression through the location string as an
alternative design. Also, Ingo's suggestion to simplify "write bytes" interface.

Note that HLS represents design which I propose. Any alternatives which I
have not (yet) bought, are listed as such in the "Alternatives" section.

The next action for this is still on me - I want to propose some solution
for error handling and reporting. I hope to have a proposal for discussion
by the end of this week.

As usual, please send me your comments and suggestions. Sorry that replying
to them takes long time. I'll send replies to your latest comments shortly
after this email.

Rafal
Thread
WL#5046 (pluggable storage modules) - HLS updated.Rafal Somla22 Oct
  • Re: WL#5046 (pluggable storage modules) - HLS updated.Ingo Strüwing23 Oct