List:Backup« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ingo Strüwing Date:September 11 2009 2:44pm
Subject:Our discussion on IRC re MEMORY locking
View as plain text
Hi Jørgen,

Rafal and I tracked the problem down to a bug in be_default.cc.

In Backup::get_data() we have a wrong "optimization":

      /*
        Optimization: If this is the last table to read, close the tables and
        kill the lock thread. This only applies iff we are using the thread.
      */
      if (locking_thd->tables_in_backup->next_global == NULL)
        locking_thd->kill_locking_thread();

Remove these lines and the INSERT blocks in wait_for_lock() as it should.

The problem was that the locking thread was killed too early.

Rafal and I agree that you can add this change to your patch. We don't
need a dedicated bug report for it.

Regards
Ingo
--
Ingo Strüwing, Database Group
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder,   Wolfgang Engels,   Wolf Frenkel