List:Backup« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ingo Strüwing Date:September 1 2009 8:08am
Subject:Re: Meeting preparation [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets
AUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDB]
View as plain text
Hi Lars,

Lars Thalmann, 01.09.2009 08:21:

> Thanks for good summary.
>
> Isn't there a third alternative?
>
> a) Parse the CREATE TABLE statement in step 2,
> b) Remember the auto-increment value,
> c) Restore the auto-increment value at step 5.5.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think, this is exactly what I mean in A.1.
Sorry that my description is so nebulous.

> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 08:28:44PM +0200, Ingo Strüwing wrote:
>> 1) Take BML (backup meta data lock)
>> 2) Restore DDL (DROP/CREATE)
>> 3) LOCK TABLES <> WRITE
>> 4) TRUNCATE TABLES <>
>> 5) Restore data
>> 6) FLUSH TABLES
>> 7) UNLOCK TABLES
>>    A.1) Since the value is part of the meta data of a table in the
>>         backup image, we could modify si_objects to save the value
>>         in a context object so that the value used to create the last
>>         table can be queried from si_objects. However, this means that
>>         si_objects will have to parse the serialization string.

Regards
Ingo
--
Ingo Strüwing, Database Group
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder,   Wolfgang Engels,   Wolf Frenkel
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Häring   HRB München 161028
Thread
Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDBIngo Strüwing24 Jul
  • Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT onInnoDB]Ingo Strüwing24 Jul
    • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Ingo Strüwing27 Jul
      • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Konstantin Osipov27 Jul
      • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Rafal Somla28 Jul
        • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Ingo Strüwing28 Jul
          • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Charles Bell28 Jul
            • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Ingo Strüwing28 Jul
      • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Jørgen Løland13 Aug
      • Meeting preparation [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resetsAUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDB]Ingo Strüwing31 Aug
  • Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDBSusanne Ebrecht28 Jul
    • Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDBIngo Strüwing28 Jul
      • Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDBSusanne Ebrecht28 Jul
      • Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDBAnn W. Harrison28 Jul
Re: Meeting preparation [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resetsAUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDB]Ingo Strüwing1 Sep