List:Backup« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ingo Strüwing Date:July 28 2009 6:41am
Subject:Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT
on InnoDB]
View as plain text
Hi Rafal,

Rafal Somla, 28.07.2009 07:19:

> Hi,
>
> Ingo Strüwing wrote:
>> Still we would have two options to make this safe:
>>
>> A) Explicitly transport the auto_increment value.
>>    A.1) Since the value is part of the meta data of a table in the
>>         backup image, we could modify si_objects to save the value
>>         in a context object so that the value used to create the last
>>         table can be queried from si_objects. However, this means that
>>     si_objects will have to parse the serialization string.
>
> I want to note that A.1) might be possible without parsing the
> serialisation string (I mean, parsing the CREATE TABLE statement). Since
> serialization string produced by si_objects can consist of several
> sub-strings, it is possible that the value of auto_increment is appended
> to it in a form which is easy to retrieve at restore time.

Ok, but current backup images don't have that. What do you suggest
regarding treatment of old images?

Regards
Ingo
--
Ingo Strüwing, Database Group
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder,   Wolfgang Engels,   Wolf Frenkel
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Häring   HRB München 161028
Thread
Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDBIngo Strüwing24 Jul
  • Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT onInnoDB]Ingo Strüwing24 Jul
    • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Ingo Strüwing27 Jul
      • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Konstantin Osipov27 Jul
      • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Rafal Somla28 Jul
        • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Ingo Strüwing28 Jul
          • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Charles Bell28 Jul
            • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Ingo Strüwing28 Jul
      • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Jørgen Løland13 Aug
      • Meeting preparation [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resetsAUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDB]Ingo Strüwing31 Aug
  • Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDBSusanne Ebrecht28 Jul
    • Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDBIngo Strüwing28 Jul
      • Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDBSusanne Ebrecht28 Jul
      • Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDBAnn W. Harrison28 Jul
Re: Meeting preparation [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resetsAUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDB]Ingo Strüwing1 Sep