List:Backup« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rafal Somla Date:November 23 2009 8:24am
Subject:Re: Bug in mysqldump? (ERROR 1300)
View as plain text
Hi Rene,

To me it looks unlikely that mysqldump makes mistake in this single row only
and not anywhere else. I would rather suspect corruption in the dump file. I
suggest that you try if you can repeat this problem by doing the dump again.
If this is repeatable, then you can report a bug at http://bugs.mysql.com/
and then it will be taken care off.

Rafal

René Fournier wrote:
> I've been using automysqlbackup 2.5 for years on a particular database, and it's
> always performed great. Recently, however, I've become encountering problems when trying
> to re-import one of its dumped sql files. (Not sure if it matters, but the database file
> in question is large and growing -- about 10GB. The other databases automysqlbackup backs
> up are fine.)
>
> Basically on the import, MySQL fails and returns an error indicating a problem with
> the dump file:
>
> mysql -u root -p < dump_file.sql  (~10GB)
> Enter password:
> ERROR 1300 (HY000) at line 426: Invalid utf8 character string: '?03422'
>
> Sure enough, I look at the line in dump_file.sql, which should contain two unsigned
> ints, and two unsigned small ints:
>
> 	[...],(32562206,1228?03422,1641,135),[...]
>
> And yup, there's a question mark in the middle of the second unsigned int, for some
> strange reason. Not in any of the other rows in that statement. When I look at the
> existing database from which the dump file was made, that row is fine:
>
> mysql> SELECT * FROM bandwidth WHERE id = 32562206;
> +----------+------------+-----------+-------+
> | id       | time_sec   | device_id | bytes |
> +----------+------------+-----------+-------+
> | 32562206 | 1228803422 |      1641 |   135 |
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>

> So... It appears either mysqldump and/or automysqlbackup is having a problem dumping
> a true copy of the database.
>
> Anyone else run into this sort of thing? Any suggestions? Thanks.
>
> ...Rene

Thread
Bug in mysqldump? (ERROR 1300)RenĂ© Fournier20 Nov
  • Re: Bug in mysqldump? (ERROR 1300)Rafal Somla23 Nov