List:Backup« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rafal Somla Date:July 28 2009 5:19am
Subject:Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT
on InnoDB]
View as plain text
Hi,

Ingo Strüwing wrote:
> Still we would have two options to make this safe:
>
> A) Explicitly transport the auto_increment value.
>    A.1) Since the value is part of the meta data of a table in the
>         backup image, we could modify si_objects to save the value
>         in a context object so that the value used to create the last
>         table can be queried from si_objects. However, this means that
> 	si_objects will have to parse the serialization string.

I want to note that A.1) might be possible without parsing the serialisation
string (I mean, parsing the CREATE TABLE statement). Since serialization string
produced by si_objects can consist of several sub-strings, it is possible that
the value of auto_increment is appended to it in a form which is easy to
retrieve at restore time.

>    A.2) Accept the problem until we change the backup image format.
>    A.3) Do A.1 now and change it after A.2 is implemented.
>         But the A.1 code cannot go away for backward compatibility.

Rafal

Thread
Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDBIngo Strüwing24 Jul
  • Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT onInnoDB]Ingo Strüwing24 Jul
    • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Ingo Strüwing27 Jul
      • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Konstantin Osipov27 Jul
      • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Rafal Somla28 Jul
        • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Ingo Strüwing28 Jul
          • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Charles Bell28 Jul
            • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Ingo Strüwing28 Jul
      • Re: Please advise [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENTon InnoDB]Jørgen Løland13 Aug
      • Meeting preparation [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resetsAUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDB]Ingo Strüwing31 Aug
  • Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDBSusanne Ebrecht28 Jul
    • Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDBIngo Strüwing28 Jul
      • Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDBSusanne Ebrecht28 Jul
      • Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resets AUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDBAnn W. Harrison28 Jul
Re: Meeting preparation [Re: Restore locking: TRUNCATE resetsAUTO_INCREMENT on InnoDB]Ingo Strüwing1 Sep