List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:andy bang Date:April 17 2014 5:43pm
Subject:MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.3.16 has been released
View as plain text
We are pleased to announce that MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.3.16 is now
available for download on the My Oracle Support (MOS) web site.

The Service Manager, Agent, and bundled MySQL Server binaries included
in 2.3.16 are all updated to use OpenSSL 1.0.1g. Please see
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/security/opensslheartbleedcve-2014-0160-2188454.html
for further information. You can also find additional details about
Enterprise Monitor 2.3.16 in the change log:

    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/2.3/en/mem-news-2-3-16.html
    (also included at the end of this note for convenience)

You will find binaries for the new release on My Oracle Support:

    https://support.oracle.com

Choose the "Patches & Updates" tab, and then choose the "Product or
Family (Advanced Search)" side tab in the "Patch Search" portlet.

Thanks and Happy Monitoring!

  - The MySQL Enterprise Tools Development Team

==========

Changes in MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.3.16

Bugs Fixed

* Security Fix: MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.3.16 has been updated to
   use OpenSSL verion 1.0.1g, which has been publicly reported as not
   vulnerable to CVE-2014-0160. The Service Manager and Agent are
   updated to use OpenSSL 1.0.1g, and are now available for download.
   Please see Oracle Note #1645479.1 for further details.

   We also recommend users that are using an external MySQL 5.6
   Commercial server for their repository to upgrade the external MySQL
   instance to the MySQL server 5.6.18 Commercial release. (Bug
   #18533200, CVE-2014-0160)

* A memory-management issue occurred in the MySQL Enterprise Monitor
   Agent if the agent was monitoring a slave instance whose master
   could not be contacted. (Bug #18074715)

* The bundled Java runtime environment was updated to version
   1.7.0_55.

* The bundled MySQL Server was upgraded to version 5.5.37, from
   5.5.35.

* The bundled cURL library was upgraded from 7.20.1 to 7.33.0.

Thread
MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.3.16 has been releasedandy bang17 Apr 2014