List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:andy bang Date:January 9 2014 7:47pm
Subject:MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.3.15 Is Now Available
View as plain text
We are pleased to announce that MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.3.15 is now
available for download on the My Oracle Support (MOS) web site.

This is a maintenance release that fixes a number of bugs.  You can
find more information on the contents of this release in the change
log:

     http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/2.3/en/mem-news-2-3-15.html
     (also included at the end of this note for convenience)

You will find binaries for the new release on My Oracle Support:

     https://support.oracle.com

Choose the "Patches & Updates" tab, and then choose the "Product or
Family (Advanced Search)" side tab in the "Patch Search" portlet.

As an alternative to upgrading to MySQL Enterprise Monitor (MEM)
2.3.15, we highly recommend that you consider MEM 3.0.  Based on
feedback from our customers, MEM 3.0 offers many significant
improvements over MEM 2.3.  Highlights include:

o Policy-based automatic scheduling of rules and event handling
   (including email notifications) make administration of scale-out
   easier and automatic

o Enhancements such as automatic discovery of MySQL instances,
   centralized agent configuration and multi-instance monitoring
   further improve ease of configuration and management

o The new cloud and virtualization-friendly, "agent-less" design
   allows remote monitoring of MySQL databases without the need for any
   remote agents

o Trends, projections and forecasting - Graphs and Event handlers
   inform you in advance of impending file system capacity problems

o Zero Configuration Query Analyzer - Works "out of the box" with
   MySQL 5.6 Performance_Schema (supported by 5.6.14 or later)

o False positives from flapping or spikes are avoided using
   exponential moving averages and other statistical techniques

o Advisors can analyze data across an entire group; for example, the
   Replication Advisor can scan an entire topology to find common
   configuration errors like duplicate server UUIDs or a slave whose
   version is less than its master's

More information on MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.0 is available here:

   What's new in MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.0?
   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.0/en/mem-comparison-2-3.html

   MySQL Enterprise Edition: Demos
   http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/demo.html

   MySQL Enterprise Monitor Frequently Asked Questions
   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.0/en/mem-faq.html

   MySQL Enterprise Monitor Change History
   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/3.0/en/mem-news.html

More information on MySQL Enterprise and the Enterprise Monitor can be
found here:

   http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/
   http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/monitor.html
   http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/query.html
   http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?142

If you are not a MySQL Enterprise customer and want to try the Monitor
and Query Analyzer using our 30-day free customer trial, go to
http://www.mysql.com/trials, or contact Sales at
http://www.mysql.com/about/contact.

If you haven't looked at 3.0 recently, please do so now and let us
know what you think.

Thanks and Happy Monitoring!

   - The MySQL Enterprise Tools Development Team

==========

Changes in MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.3.15

Bugs Fixed

* MySQL Proxy could crash during Agent shutdown if the plugin
   statistics were used. (Bug #17781739)

* Fixed a possible memory leak when the Agent rotated the log file.
   (Bug #17533175)

* The "InnoDB Doublewrite Buffer Activity" Graph label was written as
   "avg/sec" instead of "avg/minute". (Bug #16536714)

* On Mac OS X, the Agent Installer text was updated to reflect the
   installation type, as either a service (launchctl) or with init.d.
   (Bug #16008126)

* The copyright text was updated for the Agent licenses.

* The bundled MySQL Server was upgraded to version 5.5.35, from
   5.5.29.

* For the Agent and Aggregator, the bundled cURL was upgraded to
   version 7.33.0.
Thread
MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.3.15 Is Now Availableandy bang9 Jan 2014