List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:andy bang Date:October 3 2013 7:01pm
Subject:MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.0.2 Is Now Available
View as plain text
We are very pleased and excited to announce that MySQL Enterprise
Monitor 3.0.2 is now available for download on the My Oracle Support
(MOS) web site.  It will also be available via the Oracle Software
Delivery Cloud with the October update in about 1 week.

Based on feedback from our customers, MySQL Enterprise Monitor (MEM)
3.0 offers many significant improvements over previous releases.
Highlights include:

o Policy-based automatic scheduling of rules and event handling
   (including email notifications) make administration of scale-out
   easier and automatic

o Enhancements such as automatic discovery of MySQL instances,
   centralized agent configuration and multi-instance monitoring
   further improve ease of configuration and management

o The new cloud and virtualization-friendly, "agent-less" design
   allows remote monitoring of MySQL databases without the need for any
   remote agents

o Trends, projections and forecasting - Graphs and Event handlers
   inform you in advance of impending file system capacity problems

o Zero Configuration Query Analyzer - Works "out of the box" with
   MySQL 5.6 Performance_Schema (supported by 5.6.14 or later)

o False positives from flapping or spikes are avoided using
   exponential moving averages and other statistical techniques

o Advisors can analyze data across an entire group; for example, the
   Replication Advisor can scan an entire topology to find common
   configuration errors like duplicate server UUIDs or a slave whose
   version is less than its master's

More information on the contents of this release is available here:

   What's new in MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.0?

   MySQL Enterprise Edition: Demos

   Oracle Press Release

   MySQL Enterprise Monitor Frequently Asked Questions

   MySQL Enterprise Monitor Change History

You will find binaries for the new release on My Oracle Support:

Choose the "Patches & Updates" tab, and then use the "Product or
Family (Advanced Search)" feature.

You will also find the binaries on the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud
in approximately 1 week:

Choose "MySQL Database" as the Product Pack and you will find the
Enterprise Monitor along with other MySQL products.

More information on MySQL Enterprise and the Enterprise Monitor can be
found here:

If you are not a MySQL Enterprise customer and want to try the Monitor
and Query Analyzer using our 30-day free customer trial, go to, or contact Sales at

If you haven't looked at MEM recently, and especially MEM 3.0, please
do so now and let us know what you think.

Thanks and Happy Monitoring!

   - The MySQL Enterprise Tools Development Team
MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.0.2 Is Now Availableandy bang3 Oct