Dear MySQL users,
MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.2.2, a new version of the ODBC driver for the
MySQL database management system, has been released. This is the first
GA release for the Connector/ODBC 5.2.x series.
Now the available downloads include both a Unicode driver and an ANSI
driver based on the same modern codebase. Please select driver type
you need based on the type of your application - Unicode or ANSI.
Server-side prepared statements are enabled by default. It is suitable
for use with any MySQL version since 4.1 (It will not work with 4.0 or
The release is now available in source and binary form for a number of
platforms from our download pages at
For information on installing, please see the documentation at
We welcome and appreciate your feedback, bug reports, bug fixes,
The MySQL build team at Oracle
Functionality Added or Changed
* The implementation of the SQLBindParameter() function was
enhanced to support "out" and "inout" parameters when calling
stored procedures. Designate the bind parameters intended to
hold output values from stored procedures using the type
specifiers SQL_PARAM_OUTPUT or SQL_PARAM_INPUT_OUTPUT.
Currently, the support for "out" and "inout" parameters does
not apply to LONGTEXT and LONGBLOB columns in ADO.
* Server-side prepared statements are now enabled by default. To
revert to the former behavior, using client-side emulation for
prepared statemnts, specify the NO_SSPS option when
configuring the DSN.
* The download page now offers choices of a Unicode driver or an
ANSI driver. Now users can get an ANSI driver with the
combination of high performance and the latest
standard-compliant behavior, rather than staying on the older
* Server disconnects on the execution of a query following execution
of a SP returning resultset(s) and OUT parameters. (Bug# 14512187)
* Crash while executing after binding BLOB datatype as INOUT
parameter (Bug# 14501952)
* SP having 2 BLOB OUT parameters crashes at execution (Bug# 14563386)
* ASSERT for INOUT parameter of BIT(N>3) type (Bug#14560916)
* Using ADO, driver returns wrong type and value for bit(>1)
parameter (Bug# 14555713)
* Blobs used in as INOUT parameters have inconsistent behaviour in
ADO (Bug# 14580316)
* my_isspace calls cause ODBC driver crashes (Bug# 14363601)
* SQLNativeSql did not null-terminate output string after copying
* Incorrect length value passed to SQLSetConnectAttr could cause
driver crash. (Bug# 14620420)
Built against the MySQL server 5.5.27 client library.
Kent Boortz, Release Staff engineer
Oracle, The MySQL Team
Mobile: +46 76 77 69 049
|• MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.2.2 has been released||Kent Boortz||21 Sep|