List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:August 9 2012 2:19am
Subject:MySQL Connector/Net 6.6.1 Alpha 2 has been released
View as plain text
MySQL Connector/Net 6.6.1, a new version of the all-managed .NET driver
for MySQL has been released.  This is the second of two alpha releases
intended to introduce users to the new features in the release. This
release is not feature complete and there are limitations but it should
be stable enough for users to understand the new features and how we
expect them to work.  As is the case with all non-GA releases, it should
not be used in any production environment.  It is appropriate for use
with MySQL server versions 5.0-5.6

It is now available in source and binary form from
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/#downloads and mirror sites
(note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point-if you
can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or choose
another download site.)

The 6.6 version of MySQL Connector/Net brings the following new features:

  * Stored procedure debugging
  * Entity Framework 4.3 Code First support
  * Pluggable authentication (not available in this alpha)

Stored Procedure Debugging
We are very excited to introduce stored procedure debugging into our
Visual Studio integration.  It works in a very intuitive manner by
simply clicking 'Debug Routine' from Server Explorer. As mentioned
above, there are still some limitations in the implementation.  These
limitations are being resolved for future releases.  The limitations
include:

Changes from the 6.6.0 release

  * Functions and triggers can now be debugged.  Stepping into and out
    of them is fully supported.
  * Improved naming of session variables for in and out parameters.
    This reduces the possibility of name collisions
  * The debugger now fully supports the 5.1, 5.5, and 5.6 grammars
  * You no longer have to save the password of your connection to start
    a debug session
  * You can now evaluate and change session variables during execution

There are still some limitations such as the following:

  * Intellisense is currently not enabled in the debugger window.
  * Some MySQL functions cannot be debugged currently (get_lock,
    release_lock, begin, commit, rollback, set transaction level)
  * Only one debug session may be active on a given server
  * The debugger instruments your procedures automatically. We have seen
    some instances when the original procedure is not restored correctly.
  * Breakpoints are supported however if you put a breakpoint on a line
    where there is no code it will appear as not bound.  This is harmless
  * Conditional breakpoints are not supported

We are excited by the progress we have made since Alpha 1 and look
forward to an even better Beta 1.  We look forward to your feedback.

Documentation
The documentation is still being developed and will be readily available
in time for Beta 1.  You can view current Connector/Net documentation at
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/connector-net.html

You can find our team blog at http://blogs.oracle.com/MySQLOnWindows.
You can also post questions on our forums at http://forums.mysql.com/.

Enjoy and thanks for the support!

Thread
MySQL Connector/Net 6.6.1 Alpha 2 has been releasedReggie Burnett9 Aug