List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johannes Taxacher Date:March 5 2011 12:21pm
Subject:MySQL Workbench 5.2.32 GA available
View as plain text
We're proud to announce the next release of MySQL Workbench, version 5.2.32. This is a
maintenance release featuring
a new and improved UI appearance and several corrections and other enhancements.

The tabbed interface has been refreshed to obtain a clearer separation between different
modules of Workbench, while improving responsiveness when switching between tabs. The
Query Formatter has been rewritten and is now faster and more robust on its handling of
queries. The layout of the Administration module has been changed to allow for easier
future expansion and use less vertical screen space. Parts that had problems managing
MySQL 5.5 servers have been fixed along other total of 53 bugs or enhancement requests
have been addressed.

As always, we want to thank everyone for the great feedback we have received. This helps
us to continuously improve the functionality and stability of MySQL Workbench - we
appreciate all your ideas for improving MySQL Workbench.  Please keep sending us your
ideas!

MySQL Workbench 5.2 GA

- Data Modeling
- Query (replaces the old MySQL Query Browser)
- Administration (replaces the old MySQL Administrator)

Please get your copy from our Download site. Sources and binary packages are available for
several platforms, including Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.

	http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/

To get started quickly, please take a look at this short tutorial.

MySQL Workbench 5.2 RC Tutorial

	http://wb.mysql.com/?p=406

Workbench Documentation can be found here.

	http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/index.html

In addition to the new Query/SQL Development and Administration modules, version 5.2
features improved stability and performance – especially in Windows, where OpenGL
support has been enhanced and the UI was optimized to offer better responsiveness.
This release also includes improvements to the scripting capabilities of the SQL Editor.
You can read more about it in

	http://wb.mysql.com/workbench/doc/

For a detailed list of resolved issues, see the change log.

	http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/wb-change-history.html

If you need any additional info or help please get in touch with us.

Post in our forums, leave comments on our blog pages or if you want to talk to us directly
you can visit us on our IRC channel #workbench on irc.freenode.net.

- The MySQL Workbench Team
Thread
MySQL Workbench 5.2.32 GA availableJohannes Taxacher5 Mar