We're proud to announce the next release of MySQL Workbench, version 5.2.28. This
maintenance release features improvements to the Workbench scripting Shell as well as
Enhancements to the Workbench 5.2.28 Scripting Shell makes development and usage of
Workbench Scripts and Plug-ins easier by
- Providing a new workbench shell scripting file browser
- Allowing users to more easily create/edit/save/execute Workbench python and lua scripts
- Including Handy Workbench "Scripting" snippets that can easily be executed or copied.
- Adding a new script results output panel
For more on Workbench Scripting and Plug-in development see
As always, we want to thank everyone for the great feedback we have received. This helps
us to continuously improve and extend the functionality and stability of MySQL Workbench
- please keep up on approaching us with any ideas to develop our product even further.
MySQL Workbench 5.2 GA
- Data Modeling
- Query (replaces the old MySQL Query Browser)
- Administration (replaces the old MySQL Administrator)
Please get your copy from our Download site. Sources and binary packages are available for
several platforms, including Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
To get started quickly, please take a look at this short tutorial.
MySQL Workbench 5.2 RC Tutorial
Workbench Documentation can be found here.
In addition to the new Query/SQL Development and Administration modules, version 5.2
features improved stability and performance – especially in Windows, where OpenGL
support has been enhanced and the UI was optimized to offer better responsiveness.
This release also includes improvements to the scripting capabilities of the SQL Editor.
You can read more about it in
For a detailed list of resolved issues, see the change log.
If you need any additional info or help please get in touch with us.
Post in our forums, leave comments on our blog pages or if you want to talk to us directly
you can visit us on our IRC channel #workbench onirc.freenode.net.
- The MySQL Workbench Team
|• MySQL Workbench 5.2.28 GA Available||Johannes Taxacher||19 Sep|