List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johannes Taxacher Date:February 17 2010 5:17pm
Subject:MySQL Workbench 5.2.16 Beta 6 Available
View as plain text
Dear MySQL Users,

The MySQL Workbench Team has published a new beta release of Version 5.2.16 Workbench Beta
6 build includes fixes for 67 bugs - P1 - 3, P2 - 21 , P3 - 39 and P4 - 4.

In Beta 6 we've also responded to great community ideas and feedback with various new
convenience and security features:

1) Saving your profile/connection passwords in OSX keychain, gnome-keyring or - for
windows - in a encrypted password-vault-file.

2) New rapid development features for generating complete SQL Select/DML statements or
names for selected objects in Query Editor to either the query area or clipboard.

3) New in the Windows version (coming to Mac and Linux soon) the ability to set a
preference for the placement of the sidebar in the Query Editor (left or right side.)

4) And last but not least, we put a good bit of focus on optimizing and stabilizing the
administrator components.

For more on these new features check out http://wb.mysql.com

We want to thank all the people who have been testing MySQL Workbench 5.2 alphas and betas
and taking the time to file bugs and provide valuable feedback. We have fixed many bugs
since last release and worked on some other details as well.
MySQL Workbench 5.2 Beta 5 provides:

1. Data Modeling
2. Query (upgrade from MySQL Query Browser)
3. Admin (upgrade from MySQL Administrator)

If you are a current user of MySQL Query Browser or MySQL Administrator, we look forward
to your feedback on all the new capabilities we are delivering in a single unified MySQL
Workbench

As always, you will find binaries for the various platforms on our download pages.

Please get your copy from our Download

	http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/

To get started quickly, please take a look at this short tutorial.

MySQL Workbench 5.2 Beta Tutorial

	http://wb.mysql.com/?p=406

Please be aware that this release is still a beta version – so please don’t
use it on your production servers! Also note, MySQL Workbench files saved with version
5.2 cannot be opened with previous versions of our program.

The files for several platforms have been pushed to our main server and should be
available on our mirrors.

Blog postings and general information – including build instructions for Linux
– can be found on our Workbench Developer Central site.

Workbench Developer Central

	http://wb.mysql.com

Workbench Documentation and details on changes between releases can be found on these
pages

	http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/index.html

	http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/wb-change-history.html

If you need any additional info or help please get in touch with us.
Post in our forums, leave comments on our blog pages or if you want to talk to us directly
you can visit us on our IRC channel #workbench on irc.freenode.net.

Again, thank you for trying out the Workbench beta, we look forward to your feedback and
bug reports.

- The MySQL Workbench Team

Thread
MySQL Workbench 5.2.16 Beta 6 AvailableJohannes Taxacher17 Feb