List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bernhard Ocklin Date:February 2 2010 3:28pm
Subject:MySQL Cluster 7.1.1 is there
View as plain text
Dear MySQL Cluster users,

A new version of MySQL Cluster 7.1 beta has been released and is
available from our ftp directory at

  ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/download/mysql-5.1.41-ndb-7.1.1-beta.tgz

The Cluster 7.1 beta code base is identical to Cluster 7.0 GA. While
maintaining our GA quality throughout all core functionalities we
added two of the most requested enhancements as independed features to
7.1 beta:

	• ndb$info with SQL level real-time monitoring of Cluster
	• an easy-to-use and high performance native Java interface and
OpenJPA plug-in

* ndb$info

ndb$info makes cluster status and statistics available on SQL level.
Log into the MySQL Server and simply use SQL to retrieve configuration
details, memory status or the node status and uptime:

mysql> SELECT * FROM ndbinfo.nodes;
+---------+--------+---------+-------------+
| node_id | uptime | status  | start_phase |
+---------+--------+---------+-------------+
|       2 |  45678 | STARTED |           0 |
|       3 |  45676 | STARTED |           0 |
|       4 |  45678 | STARTED |           0 |
|       5 |    312 | STARTED |           0 |
+---------+--------+---------+-------------+
4 rows in set (0.03 sec)

ndb$info is designed to add little to no overhead even for extensive
monitoring of Cluster.

* MySQL Cluster Connector for Java

Designed for Java developers, the MySQL Cluster Connector for Java
implements an easy-to-use and high performance native Java interface
and OpenJPA plug-in. Using the Java Persistence Interface of Cluster/J
a primary key lookup is as simple as

  Fish e = session.find(Fish.class, 4711);

The OpenJPA for Cluster implementation plugs into Apache OpenJPA and
provides native access to Cluster. Many transactions can now be
directly executed on Cluster, without the MySQL Server being involved.
This allows much faster query execution and higher throughput.

You can read more about Cluster/J and how to use it here:
  http://ocklin.blogspot.com/2009/12/java-and-openjpa-for-mysql-cluster_14.html

To learn more about and have the chance to meet the architect and
developer behind Cluster/J you might want to attend the webinar. More
info here:

http://www.clusterdb.com/mysql-cluster/upcoming-webinars-for-java-and-jpa-access-to-mysql-cluster/

* Binaries

Currently available are

  ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/download/mysql-cluster-7.1.1-beta-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
  ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/download/mysql-cluster-7.1.1-beta-linux-i686.tar.gz

Regards,
The MySQL Cluster Team

--
Bernhard Ocklin - Engineering Manager
Sun Microsystems AB, Database Group, MySQL Cluster

Thread
MySQL Cluster 7.1.1 is thereBernhard Ocklin2 Feb